After uninstalling WOL I cannot launch Admin console RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased and installed WOL on my WHS only to discover that when I configured any of the attached PC's NICs to allow for WOL that none of the PCs would never sleep (aka "always awake on LAN ). So I unistalled the WOL add-in which resulted in the console disconnectings (expected) and then restarting (expected).  However, when the console restarted I got the error below and I cannot get into the console (not expected). How can I fix this problem so I can launch the WHS console?

Could not bad file or assently 'Interop.wHSIrtotF, Version=1 .0.0.0, Culture=ne&rd, PublickeyToken=rwl or one of ts dependencies. The system carmot bid the file spelled.
    at tikrosoft.Hormeserver.HoimeserverConsoleTab.AutoExlt. .oomeeerverrabbEteenerr . _FlllMachlnesLtstvew() at Ficrosoft .Homme5erveicHomeServerConsoleTab.AutoExlt.HomeserverTabExtender. .ctor(1nt32 wi&h, !rit32 hediht, IConsoleservices corsole5ervices)

Thanks,
    Kent

Sunday, January 27, 2008 7:53 PM

Answers

• WOL uninstaller might have removed files that another add-in is depending on. From that error, it looks like AutoExit.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the AutoExit add-in.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 10:20 PM

All replies

• WOL uninstaller might have removed files that another add-in is depending on. From that error, it looks like AutoExit.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the AutoExit add-in.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 10:20 PM
  • Looks like WOL & AutoExit both use that file.

By uninstalling WOL, it deleted the shared file. So now when AutoExit tries to load it doesn't work because of this.

Maybe you should contact ASoft that they send you the shared file...

Regards,

Jeroen

Sunday, January 27, 2008 10:28 PM
  • Thanks Sam.  That did it.  Fortunately, after a while the Admin Console was accessible so I could uninstall/reinstall the AutoExit add-in.

Cheers,
    Kent

Sunday, January 27, 2008 11:25 PM