Why is windows asking me to validate that it is genuine twice in less than 30 days. RRS feed

• Question

• I've been running my install of Windows 7 Home Premium (which was purchased from Microsoft at launch) for a couple of years (longer, but it was reinstalled previously). Today is the 2nd time in the last 30 days that I was asked to check authenticity of my install. I only noticed because when I downloaded the legitcheck.hta it came up as a duplicate file and I looked at the last time I downloaded this. I have not made any significant hardware or software changes in over a year, so I find it troubling that this keeps happening. How can I prevent it?
    Sunday, November 2, 2014 2:07 PM

Answers

• There is no need to download the legitcheck.hta file for validation purposes in Windows 7.

Please post your MGADiag report - it may show what the problem is.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool

(download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once saved, run the tool.

Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.

To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Monday, November 3, 2014 2:16 PM