Subgrid Default View RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, is it possible to get the default view of a sub grid? If I can get the view id then I can get the Fetch Xml for the sub grid.

I'm working on a project to replace the sub grid from a forms and replace it with editable grid. To populate the grid, I need to know the default view of the sub grid first, then initialize the grid. There are lot of editable grid available for CRM, but interest to create my own.

thanks

Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 11:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Solutions->Customization->Entity->View->Select a view for edit->Copy ID from URL.

Or you can query the views using REST API using

[Organization Root URL]/XRMServices/2011/OrganizationData.svc/UserQuerySet

[Organization Root URL]/XRMServices/2011/OrganizationData.svc/SavedQuerySet

Thanks and Regards. 

• Edited by Ravitheja J Wednesday, August 6, 2014 3:35 AM
    Wednesday, August 6, 2014 3:23 AM
  • Hi, thanks for the reply, but I'm looking for how to get the default view of a sub-grid, i.e., sub-grid of activities in account forms. When setup the sub-grid, it has options to make any view default to the sub-grid and whether display other view to the grid or not. When the account forms load, I want to check which view is the default view for the sub-grid of the activities and what other view will be available for the grid. So, I can use the default view to generate the grid control that I'm going to create.

thanks.

Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 4:47 AM