Lost COA keys RRS feed

• Question

• As a result of theft of my desktop which had the COA keys on it I now have XPproSP3, Vista Uktimate 32 bit and 64 bit genuine software but cannot install on replacement desktop

What is the procedure for getting replacement COA key details?  Is it possible to esctract the key from a fully functioning setup, if so how, please?  This because I have plug-in hard drives with separate operating systems (not stolen) which still work but I might need to re-install in the future
    Friday, April 24, 2009 11:31 PM

Answers

• Hello Daniel,

Thank you for contacting the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program forum. Your post is out of scope for the WGA program forum as well as out of our expertise.

There is not an avenue to see or get your Product Key from a computer. There are 3rd party applications available that would allow an end user to do this. We are unable to recommend any of them since it would be against our policy. A well phrased search in your favorite search engine should provide you the appropriate means.

See the following Knowledge Base (KB) article:

KB326246 - How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs and product upgrades, and replace product manuals

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/326246

Thank you for visiting the WGA program forum.

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Saturday, April 25, 2009 12:08 AM
    Saturday, April 25, 2009 12:06 AM