locked
Live Meeting 2007 in Office 2007 not visible RRS feed

  • Question

  •  

    Hey all,

     

    I am trying to find a solution for the following problem.

     

    I have installed office 2007 with outlook on 4 computers. I also installed Communicator 2007,  Live Meeting 2007 and the Conferencing add-in for outlook.

     

    However, on one machine, whatever i do, the meeting bar/options do not appear in outlook. I already removed all concerning applications and reinstalled them, without effect.

     

    I also followed the instructions on several forums to go to the trust center and enable the add-in. But is is enabled.

     

    I have no idea how to get this thing going. Any suggestions would be welcome!

     

    Gr. Jan-Willem

     

    Tuesday, October 21, 2008 4:08 PM

All replies

  • perhaps the toolbar is installed but not just showing in the gui... when you right-click in the toolbar "space" (or whatever you may want to call that space :-) ) do you see the "Microsoft Office Live Meeting" listed there ?

     

    Sincerely,

    Tonino Bruno

    Tuesday, October 21, 2008 6:58 PM
  •  

    Thanks for the tip. I have checked that, but unfortunately it is not listed. The buttons in a calendar appointments are also not visible. I am getting afraid that have i have to reinstall everthing, but  i find that hard tio accept :-))

     

    so still searching for a solution.

     

    Jan-Willem

     

    Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:52 AM
  • I would not bother trying to find a solution as it is probably related to specific config on that one computer

    Reinstall might be the faster solution...

    Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:36 AM
  • I prefer to find a solution instead of reinstalling. And, if we implement this software throughout the company, i dont want to end up reinstalling 50 machines. There must be a reason why it is not working.

     

    any HELPFULL replies are welcome!

     

    Jan-Willem

     

     

    Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:54 AM
  • Jan-Willem,

     

    I've run into the same thing on just a couple workstations (out of many hundreds) and I did not ever find a root cause on those few instances.  But it did seem to happen after some time as the Outlook plugin would always work initially.  In each case a quick re-installation of the LM plug-in resolved the issues.

     

    I personally would not tear my hair out troubleshooting an issue that has only appeared on a single workstation.  If you deploy to a pilot group of 5-10 computers and then you still find that 25% of the client have the same issue then I'd contact PSS.

     

    Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:31 PM
    Moderator