Roll-up in Project Views RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

will there be a gantt roll-up in Project Web Access 2010 like in Project?

Thanks,
    John
    John
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 9:37 PM

Answers

• Hello John - unfortunately this feature is not available in PWA 2010.  Of course, it works on the Project Client. We don't load the entire project at once in the Project 2010 JS Grid (to optimize performance) - and so we don't have all the necessary information to draw the rolled up gantt.

If you have any other inputs on user scenario that will help us in the future

Thanks, Pradeep
    I am Project 2010 ready - are you ?
    Monday, January 11, 2010 10:15 PM

All replies

• Assuming you are referring to the new Project timeline view, no there is none in PWA 2010.
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 10:45 PM
  • Hi Christophe,

thanks for your feedback. Actually I did not mean timeline view. I was talking about the roll-up feature which shows on the next summary level in gantt view the subtasks. It's a task property in WinProj called Roll up Gantt bar to summary or Layout option Always roll up Gantt bars.

Is there anything like this planned?

Thanks,
    John
    John
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 8:14 PM
  • Hello John - unfortunately this feature is not available in PWA 2010.  Of course, it works on the Project Client. We don't load the entire project at once in the Project 2010 JS Grid (to optimize performance) - and so we don't have all the necessary information to draw the rolled up gantt.

If you have any other inputs on user scenario that will help us in the future

Thanks, Pradeep
    I am Project 2010 ready - are you ?
    Monday, January 11, 2010 10:15 PM