none
Syncing The Clones-What Cord Do I Use? RRS feed

• Question

• I use SyncToy 2.0 to back up and sync information between my primary laptop (Dell Latitude D530 running XP Pro) and my Western Digital Terebyte Aux Hard Drive. It works very well. I did backup everything from the Laptop on the Terebyte and the syncing goes off like clockwork every day. They are connected by a USB and something which looks like a small male plug (and very closely resembles my Blackberry cord).

Now, I just cloned a second laptop (again, a Dell Latitude D530 also running XP Pro). I would like to sync the two computers from now on using SyncToy 2.0, what kind of cord should I use to connect the two of them? I am assuming this can be done, am I right? Thanks in advance.
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:36 PM

Answers

• Any corp should be ok, just if you can manually copy files through it. For having more backup/cloned machines, if you want to files were synced to those place too, just creat more folder pairs, source folder are the one you want to be copied should resolve your problem.

Thanks,
    Ping

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, September 18, 2009 8:54 AM

All replies

• Any corp should be ok, just if you can manually copy files through it. For having more backup/cloned machines, if you want to files were synced to those place too, just creat more folder pairs, source folder are the one you want to be copied should resolve your problem.

Thanks,
    Ping

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, September 18, 2009 8:54 AM
  • Hi -

For two computers to be able to "see" each other you need to have them on the same network - either wired ( using Ethernet cables and a home network) or on a wireless network. This article below has easy enough instructions on how to do this

http://www.wikihow.com/Connect-Two-Computers

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 5:31 PM