Acer H340 Front Hard Drive Lights Acting Up RRS feed

• Question

• I posted some things around a year ago when I first setup this server, and from what I hear (I've been in university for the past 8 months) it's been flawlessly except for a few things i've fixed.

Anyway, my issue now is that the hard drive lights aren't working as they should. I realize this is a WHS forum not an Acer one, but Acer isn't really known for their great supporting community.

We have one main system hard drive, and another one duplicating the files. So essentially we have two hard drives in at all times. The last two slots are used for two backup hard drives that are swapped back and forth every night. This way there is always an offsite backup. The two system drives would have the BLUE LED lights. The others would go BLUE when plugged in, obviously.

Yesterday it seemed that when we plugged them in, they would go PURPLE instead of BLUE, but they would still be detected by the server, backups ran perfectly fine. Then I was told that sometimes the lights don't come on at all. I experienced that today.

No matter how I pull it out, put it in (each of the two slots), the lights don't come on for that drive. It is still detected in the WHS, and works for backups, but the top two LED lights refuse to turn on (yet were PURPLE yesterday).

If this is a purely visual issue, then it's not a huge deal, but I want to be sure its not leading up to anything.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 5:31 PM

All replies

• And now the Second Backup hard drive in the third slot has a purple light on it, before it didn't..
    Friday, July 9, 2010 4:44 PM