Live Mesh Mobile Update RRS feed

• Question

• Are you going to update de software for WM 6.1? We need to be able to install it in the memory card to free memory. And to be able to choose folders and subfolder in the memory cards to sync.

Thanks
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 6:29 PM

Answers

• It works on Windows Mobile 6.1 already.
    The items you have suggested have been suggested before, so hopefully we will see some changes in the future.
    You can vote on or file new suggestions per this thread: 

Live Mesh Beta: Suggestions - Go cast your vote!

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 6:46 PM

All replies

• It works on Windows Mobile 6.1 already.
    The items you have suggested have been suggested before, so hopefully we will see some changes in the future.
    You can vote on or file new suggestions per this thread: 

Live Mesh Beta: Suggestions - Go cast your vote!

-steve

Thursday, April 2, 2009 6:46 PM
  • Will the new update solve this issues?

I'm getting the message "time mismatch with server".

Thanks
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:52 AM
  • Will the new update solve this issues?

I'm getting the message "time mismatch with server".

Thanks

have a look at this thread - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMeshMobile/thread/54a972bd-9d2b-41eb-8873-5a5050c62c47

And, please vote/validate the bug report that is linked within the thread.

-steve
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:08 PM
  • Congratulations, the update has been installed in the storage card and let me choose folders and subfolders (Samsung Omnia).

Good job!
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:58 PM
  • Congratulations, the update has been installed in the storage card and let me choose folders and subfolders (Samsung Omnia).

Good job!

Thanks for reporting that. I didn't know if that was possible after the update - glad to read that it was added.
    -steve
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:30 PM
  • A new folder appeared in my mobile mesh. It is called "outlook", it has no files and I cannot sync it?

Is it for outlook sync like myphone???
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:28 PM
  • Did you add a folder called Outlook to your Mesh on a PC? Is Outlook on the Live desktop? No, you can't Sync Outlook data via Live mesh - mobile or PC.
    -steve
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:35 PM
  • Outlook is only in the mobile mesh and I did not add it. It is not on the Live Desktop. ???

When I start mobile mesh, I get the following message: "Live Mesh has encountered invalid configuration settings during initialization. You may experience unexpected error while using Live Mesh". Then I press ok and seems to be working fine.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 6:07 PM
  • Outlook is only in the mobile mesh and I did not add it. It is not on the Live Desktop. ???

When I start mobile mesh, I get the following message: "Live Mesh has encountered invalid configuration settings during initialization. You may experience unexpected error while using Live Mesh". Then I press ok and seems to be working fine.

Odd. Can you file a bug report on this, please?

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 6:25 PM
  • Done ID 436161, Mobile Mesh Update BUG

Let me know what you find.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:45 PM
  • Thanks for filing the bug. The bug will be looked at by the Live Mesh team and any updates to it will be provided as replies to the bug report. If you accepted the default to allow Connect to notify you of updates to the bug, you'll get email if the status changes. Be sure to check the bug report periodically, though.
    -steve
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 1:01 PM
  • I too am getting the same message.... but all *appears* to be working.
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 3:49 PM
  • Such fun. I also have the message on my device, which I had delayed updating until today.
    -steve
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 5:41 PM
  • The message is always there, but the sync process is running OK.

Don't you think it would be great to have the one way sync option for certain folders? If you take pictures with your phone, then you can upload them to a folder and then delete them (in your phone) after being transferred.

You are also moderator in the live sync forum, right? A few months ago (folder share) I was able to sync my outlook *.pst file across my laptop and PC, now it doesn't sync any more.
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 1:39 AM
  • I visit the Live Sync newsgroup, cymersa, I don't moderate there. The newsgroup has a web based view for reading and posting. You really don't want to sync your .pst file with any program - Live Mesh, Live Sync, etc., as a .pst file can grow quite large and it is pretty easy to screw things up by getting the copies into conflict before they have udpated to other devices to be the same file. I used a 3rd party program to manually sync the data within the .pst file between programs, but it was painful. I've since moved to a Hosted Exchange solution and couldn't be happier.

Your suggestion about the one way sync goes against the theory of Live Mesh with your data available "everywhere." :-) You can do this today, manually, by uploading the files to your Live Desktop using a folder that is not synchronized with your device. That way you are adding files from the phone via upload, and those files will sync to other devices defined in yoru Mesh.

-steve
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 1:04 PM
  • Back to the outlook issue. I'm trying to sync my wm6.1 device (Omnia i900) with my PC and Laptop, using activesync  and windows mobile device center. I'm getting the error code 8000107 (very well known). And I can't find a solution.

The only solution possible, but no available, is to be able to sync outlook through mesh. Are the people of Microsoft working on that?
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 4:09 PM
  • If they are working on it, it hasn't been made known. They tend not to talk about things that are in development.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, July 20, 2009 1:03 AM