WHS does not show up when IPscanning my network ... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I "lost" my WHS : the connector does not work anymore and when I do an IPscan (192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.255) I can see my network computers and nothing else especially not at 192.168.1.201 which is normally the fixed local IP adress of my WHS.

I noticed as well that the orange led of the WHS ethernet connection is flashing slowly ; to me this points out to a problem with the WHS NIC.

Unfortunately I cant check it as my server is a Fujitsu Scaleo  with no monitor and no possibility to connect it to a monitor .

Can someone give me a clue as to how to overcome this problem ?

Many thx

FG

FG

Friday, May 25, 2012 12:50 PM

Answers

• problem solved ; One of the HDs was defective but in a way which was NOT detected by the built-in Scaleo HD alarm... It caused the reboot/reinstall processes to loop therefore preventing any network conncection to be established.

Taking all HDs (except the bootable one) out and rebuilding the whole thing was the solution.

FG

• Marked as answer by FGMareil Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:08 PM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:06 PM

All replies

• What does your documentation (or the Fujitsu online documentation, if you don't have the printed material any more) say about the status lights?

If your server's network connector is defunct, you are basically dead in the water. I think the Scaleo lets you install a PCI card, however; if you can find one that's supported "out of the box" (i.e. in box drivers) in Windows Server 2003 R2 (32 bit) you could try installing one and see if you can get access to your server that way.

Failing that, there are posts in the FAQ section that describe how to recover data from a dead server.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Friday, May 25, 2012 2:39 PM
  • There is nothing in the doc about the network connector lights ....

Where can I find the list of the PCI cards with drivers being part ofWindows Server 2003 ?

Thx for your help.

FG

Friday, May 25, 2012 4:42 PM
  • problem solved ; One of the HDs was defective but in a way which was NOT detected by the built-in Scaleo HD alarm... It caused the reboot/reinstall processes to loop therefore preventing any network conncection to be established.

Taking all HDs (except the bootable one) out and rebuilding the whole thing was the solution.

FG

• Marked as answer by FGMareil Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:08 PM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:06 PM