none
What exams do i need to do to get the MCP Web Devloper 4? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
          I'm on to get some certs.Its been a while.
    What are the exams i need to get the MCPD: Web Developer 4?

Is it just the 70-519

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?id=70-519 

Or do i need something else.

Thanks in Advance

Monday, January 30, 2012 12:38 AM

Answers

• No, you need to sit the following exams:

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

MCPD requirement: PRO: Designing and Developing Web Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Monday, January 30, 2012 3:24 AM

All replies

• No, you need to sit the following exams:

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

MCPD requirement: PRO: Designing and Developing Web Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4

Jeff Wharton

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Monday, January 30, 2012 3:24 AM
  • Hi Jeff,
          What a coincidence i was just having a look at the Charles Stuart Uni thinking of doing of the the MSysDev or IT Management and then i got a reply from you on thsi post.:)
    You were listed as one of the  successful candidate on their website.

How did the course go and how long did it take?
    Chrs

Patrick

Monday, January 30, 2012 6:12 AM
  • Hi Patrick,

Small world :-)

The course was great. You need to have discipline and set aside regular study times otherwise it’s easy to fall behind.  Some of the assignments were quite big as well however lecturers are happy to give extensions as they understand that students are usually juggling study and a fulltime job (that’s one of the benefits of this course; it’s based around fulltime employees and not full time students).

The course is a little different now and there are a lot more subjects to choose from.

I would recommend doing the Microsoft certifications yourself (i.e. not through the Uni) as you can buy the Self-Paced Training Kits from any bookstore (Approx. $90 per book) and then sit the exams through Prometric (Approx. $200 per exam).  You them provide the Uni with a copy of your exam report showing that you passed and they'll give you a credit for that subject.  Works out a lot cheaper than doing it through the Uni (Approx. $1950 per subject).

CHeers

Jeff

Jeff Wharton

Monday, January 30, 2012 6:30 AM
  • Has your question been answered? If so, please mark the reply that answered your question so others with a similar question can find answers quicker.

Jeff Wharton

Friday, February 10, 2012 9:27 AM