Bing Translator , Rate Limits? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm currently using the free bing api for testing and notice there seems to be some kind of limit on how many words(?) you can translator per minute and I think it's around 4000. The API keeps throwing this exception:

TranslateApiException: AppId is over the quota : ID=3010.V2_Soap.TranslateArray.4EA076F7 - I initially thought that I'd used my free quota for the month but thats not the case as if i wait a minute or two i can keep translating.

I don't seem to be able to find any information on this, can someone confirm?

Thanks

Friday, August 30, 2013 8:05 AM

All replies

• I remember reading from one of the official moderators on Bing Translator forum here, He said there is a limitation on the number of queries per minute, he said 50 queries per minute is okay, and if one gets an error it is better to wait 10 secs and retry
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:43 PM
  • Hi Steve,

there is an hourly quota. When you receive this message, you simply slow down a bit, in a retry loop. We recently increased this quota (Sept 14), drastically, so you have less chance of running into it. Still good to be sensitive and retry.

Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 6:47 PM