none
Where to begin learning Server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• I need to learn Server 2008 but don't know where to start. It's been many years since I was involved with Servers
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 1:53 PM

Answers

• Are you interested in SQL Server management, in T-SQL programming or in BI tools ?

Anyway, start downloading trial editions and install on your PC.

This will give you the chance of hands on experience

Then check what is new in SQL2008, this will give you an idea of the capabilities of new SQL versions.

SQL Server and T-SQL Tutorials
    My Personal Site
    Our true mentor in life is science
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 2:26 PM
  • hi

great place to start would be first reading about the features and capabilities of the product from microsoft.com site. then you can download the product for evaluation using TECHNET and start reading technet library. 

Nirmal Madhawa Thewarathanthri
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:27 PM

All replies

• Are you interested in SQL Server management, in T-SQL programming or in BI tools ?

Anyway, start downloading trial editions and install on your PC.

This will give you the chance of hands on experience

Then check what is new in SQL2008, this will give you an idea of the capabilities of new SQL versions.

SQL Server and T-SQL Tutorials
    My Personal Site
    Our true mentor in life is science
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 2:26 PM
  • hi

great place to start would be first reading about the features and capabilities of the product from microsoft.com site. then you can download the product for evaluation using TECHNET and start reading technet library. 

Nirmal Madhawa Thewarathanthri
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:27 PM
  • i can get you some elearning or instructor led classes if you are interested. email me dg@unitedtraining.com. I can find any training you need for this. you would also have the option to take the course from home or work with the instructor led courses.
    Derek Gulizia
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:36 PM