How does one clear File Conflicts RRS feed

• Question

• I have several File Conflicts all having the same Conflict "Cannot create a file when that file already exist"

Since the file already exist it is not necessary to 're-create' it; so all I wish to do is clear the conflicts so the Network health prompt is cleared.    I have followed the link "How do I resolve file conflicts?" and taken its sub link leading to this site since the parent link did not depict this particular message with a solution.  OK, so how do I resolve or clear this particular file conflict?

Thanks,  Greg Johnson

Grego51
    Monday, May 3, 2010 5:37 PM

All replies

• It sounds to me like you may have had a disk error at some point. Have you run chkdsk on all the drives in your server yet? Or have you possibly been doing something on your server using Remote Desktop? Moving files around in C:\FS\etc.?

What I would try:

• After chkdsk as above, try again.
    • If that doesn't work, I would look on each of the storage pool drives for the files that are returning that error. You should look in D:\DE\Shares\etc., and also in C:\FS\*\DE\Shares\etc. to see if you can find those files.
    • Assuming you do, copy (don't try to move them) them from wherever you found them to another location, perhaps an external drive you've temporarily connected to your server. You will probably find those files on more than one drive, some here, some there. If you have duplication turned on, you'll find each file in two locations.
    • After copying all the files causing problems, delete them from the shares: \\server\etc. Wait a few seconds to a few minutes (depending on the volume of files affected)
    • Now look again for those files in the same places you looked previously. If you find them, delete them.
    • Try copying the files you saved aside back to their proper place.
    Note that this procedure is unsupported and "at your own risk".
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, May 3, 2010 8:26 PM
  • Tuesday, May 4, 2010 9:13 AM