Project Schedules our of order RRS feed

• Question

• I opened my schedule to find that some tasks are out of order and some summary tasks are not tasks under tasks.  I figure a sort filter was hit by mistake but can not determine where.

Is there a field that determines the order of tasks?  I looked at the Unique # field but probably because of moving some tasks it is not in perfect order. So it is not totally useful to me.  While on the subject can the unique # field be re sequenced to keep it in order?

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 8:45 PM

Answers

• The unique ID field cannot be edited, by design. Look at the ID field and sort by it for normal sort.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    • Marked as answer by epmXperts Wednesday, November 7, 2012 8:10 PM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 2:09 AM
  • Hi

It has been long since this thread has been posted or updated, closing this thread assuming this has been already resolved, closing is necessary in order to keep the forum moderated

please feel free to either reopen this thread or create a new one if you feel it has not been resolved & warrants further discussion

Also would suggest if you find an answer or a workaround tot this problem, please share in order for other forum members to get benefit of your experience

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 8:10 PM

All replies

• The unique ID field cannot be edited, by design. Look at the ID field and sort by it for normal sort.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 2:09 AM
  • It appears the ID firels is the task number and once saved sorting it is usless.  My issue occured and I did not notice it until after it was saved.

Now when I attempt to manually rearrange it indicated circual reference issues and will not allow me to fix it.  This is why I was hoping for a miracle in this forum.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 11:35 AM
  • Hi

It has been long since this thread has been posted or updated, closing this thread assuming this has been already resolved, closing is necessary in order to keep the forum moderated

please feel free to either reopen this thread or create a new one if you feel it has not been resolved & warrants further discussion

Also would suggest if you find an answer or a workaround tot this problem, please share in order for other forum members to get benefit of your experience

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 8:10 PM