Money Back RRS feed

• Question

• I just renewed my subscription, will I get a refund for the unused months once July 1, 2009 comes?

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 8:09 PM

Answers

• Your subscription will be fully supported through expiration if you renewed it recently (or any time beofre the end of 2009, actually).
    We don't know what the specific transition plans will be once Morro is available other than it will be offered to all current users. Note that Morro will not include many of the features of OneCare, focusing instead on antivirus and antispyware.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 1:08 PM

All replies

• On July1 One Care will no longer be available for retail sale but it will be fully supported and kept up to date through the end of 2010.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 11:28 PM
  • Your subscription will be fully supported through expiration if you renewed it recently (or any time beofre the end of 2009, actually).
    We don't know what the specific transition plans will be once Morro is available other than it will be offered to all current users. Note that Morro will not include many of the features of OneCare, focusing instead on antivirus and antispyware.
    -steve
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 1:08 PM
  • That is such a shame.

While One Care has never received very high marks I've used it since it was in beta testing. I've found it to one of Microsoft's better products with a nice licensing modle. Until recently, support was easy to get via on-line chats. I've had very few problems with it in recent years. As always they just can't leave things alone.
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 6:36 PM
  • If you are using the additional features of OneCare, yes, I agree that it is a shame. However, we'll have to wait and see what Morro brings to the table. Since it will be free and focused on Virus and Spyware protection, I'm hoping that it will be better than OneCare and much lighter on resources without the additional features. The fact that it will be free is a bit of a bonus, too.
    I don't know about support for Morro yet, that is if chat will be an option, but I think it will be.
    -steve
    Friday, April 10, 2009 12:15 PM