Dynamics Crm 2013 Workflows Getting Infinite Loop? RRS feed

• Question

• i  have one workflow it has child workflows it call custom activitites

if condition is satisfies it will call child workflow

otherwise it will call another child workflow

likewise i have 4 child workflows.Now i getting error at 3rd child workflow stating that infinite loop

Could anybody help me on this.

hsk srinivas

Monday, June 15, 2015 5:02 AM

Answers

All replies

• CRM does this to protect against system outages due to bad workflow logic - there is not enough information given to determine the problem. Break your workflow down and test pieces until you find the bad logic step. Thanks, Chris
    Monday, June 15, 2015 7:58 AM
  • There is a limit on the depth of the workflow call chain. In other words, if you have a workflow, that calls another workflow, that calls another workflow, that ... you get the picture, 8 times. Then you'll get the error message that you got above.

See this for a relatively simply way of increasing the limit.

http://manyrootsofallevilrants.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/maximum-workflow-depth-in-ms-dynamics.html

Of course, it could be that you are actually in an infinite loop, in which case you'll need to look at your workflows more carefully.

Musings on Information Technology

• Edited by ManyRootsofAllEvil Monday, June 15, 2015 8:14 AM added hyperlink
    • Marked as answer by Ppandu Wednesday, June 17, 2015 6:48 AM
    Monday, June 15, 2015 8:14 AM
  • The Issue was Fixed By Increasing the Depth Property in SSMS.Initially it will be "8".there are no any error logics.

Please find the following sql query

update DeploymentProperties set IntColumn = 40  where ColumnName = 'MessageProcessorMaximumDepth'

hsk srinivas

• Edited by Ppandu Wednesday, June 17, 2015 6:51 AM
    Wednesday, June 17, 2015 6:50 AM