Dual Issues - Stitching Does not Start with JPEGs and Error Message with other formats RRS feed

• Question

• Progress Bar Either Stops at 0% or Gives Error Code 0x80070057, even with overlapping images shot at the exact same settings in manual mode.

I've tried converting the input images from .JPG to .PNG and .TIF to see if the issue has to do with a particular import filter, but so far no luck.

I've uploaded a few such files from a series of test shots (of a low enough quality to make it unlikely that anyone would steal them ;) so that others can rule out a file specific issue if they want to.

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/e7IfzxTXJoI3mQ7Sg03Zceywa%2FuTXYFmv%2BS4C9s5j7Z48d1%2FEhAcHIXyBduq7RQV

Each link on that page is to an individual JPEG file (because I know ZIP files can be a security concern on some networks).

Version Tested: 1.4.4 64-bit (under Windows 7 SP1 64-bit).

Monday, November 28, 2011 8:46 PM

All replies

• I just tried dragging all four images into 1.4.4 (on win7 64bit).  They stitched fine on my machine.  So I don't think that it has to do with these particular images.

Two things pop to mind:

- can you open these images using "Windows Photo Viewer"?  ICE uses the same underlying software to open images.

- what do you see when you select Tools>Options... in ICE?  In particular does "Temporary file locations" indicate a valid path?

Monday, November 28, 2011 9:16 PM
  • Hi Matt,

"- can you open these images using "Windows Photo Viewer"?  ICE uses the same underlying software to open images."

Yes, this functions without incident.

"- what do you see when you select Tools>Options... in ICE?  In particular does "Temporary file locations" indicate a valid path?"

I had the same thoughts, so I checked the temporary path right after I posted. The path was valid (but on a drive with only 6GB of free space) so I switched it to another larger drive. The results did not change.

Thanks for assisting in debugging this.

Monday, November 28, 2011 11:13 PM
  • Update: I tried moving the input files from a dedicated media drive to the downloads folder on my root drive. It now seems to be working.

I'm going to test whether the length of the path and filename on the other drive is what caused the issue or whether it's the 3TB drive itself for some reason. Will report back in case anyone else encounters the same.

Monday, November 28, 2011 11:18 PM
  • It doesn't seem to be related to path length. Moving the input files to the root folder of 3TB Western Digital external drive does not fix the problem. But moving the input files to any other drive I've tested so far (including smaller drives by the same brand) does fix the problem.

Glad there's a workaround, but is there anything about a 3TB drive that would cause incompatibility?

Monday, November 28, 2011 11:28 PM
  • What is the full path name for the images on the external drive?
    Monday, November 28, 2011 11:37 PM
  • The original path was "V:\Per's\VISUAL\2011-11-27 Griffith Park - Mt. Hollywood\50D A\100CANON\_MG_XXXX.JPG" but I also tested "V:\_MG_XXXX.JPG" without success.

EDIT: That was the path of another image set with identical (positive and negative) results, not the one with the images I uploaded.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:37 AM