External IP Address RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a method that gives the external ip address of a user?? I do not want to use any external services. Is this possible??
    Tuesday, October 14, 2014 7:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This forum is related to Training and Certification, please aks your question in the appropriate  MSDN forum

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer MCSE:Server Infrastructure, MCSE:Desktop Infrastructure, MCSA Server 2012, Citrix CCIA & CCEE, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP 3/4/5 Twitter: @dnyvandam http://www.dannyvandam.net

Friday, October 17, 2014 8:23 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi

In what scenario? VPN connectivity into your network?

If you run an ipconfig on the machine it will give you the ip.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:15 AM
  • scenario would help. you can for example do pathping www.microsoft.com, which should list you the hops to the target, including your public ip on your gateway
    Tuesday, October 14, 2014 9:05 AM
  • hi,

thanks for your valuable time.

I am building an mvc app, i need to redirect users to different views based on their ip address location.

I am using this "Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADDR"];" but it returns local ip. I need external ip.

Could you plz help.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 9:31 AM
  • Hi,

This forum is related to Training and Certification, please aks your question in the appropriate  MSDN forum

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer MCSE:Server Infrastructure, MCSE:Desktop Infrastructure, MCSA Server 2012, Citrix CCIA & CCEE, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP 3/4/5 Twitter: @dnyvandam http://www.dannyvandam.net

Friday, October 17, 2014 8:23 AM
    Answerer