Dates vs Days RRS feed

• Question

• Why can't I (don't have the ability to) overwrite day 1, day 2, day 3, etc. in directions with actual dates.
    Friday, July 29, 2011 5:29 PM

All replies

• Hi VideoPapa,

This feature has been discussed numerous times, and a trip planning software product should really be capable of it. I wish one day such feature will indeed be incorporated in S&T. In the mean time, a user shared a work around solution he uses. Check it out in this discussion thread posted at Laptop GPS World a few years ago. The work-around is in post number 4, and there's a screen shot in post number 8 that illustrates it well.

Laptop GPS World

Friday, July 29, 2011 9:41 PM
  • Thanks Marvin,

I've also figured out a manual work-around by e-mailing my planned trip to myself and forwarding an edited version with the days revised to dates.  Just another example of Microsoft not listening to end users (none of the developers have obviously 'planned' a trip?).  I've purchased the 2011 version hoping that this was fixed but the only thing that they touched was mobile features and graphics.  Sure would be sooo easy to allow something like editing the 'day' field.  Sounds like they need some competition in the trip planner software realm.  I believe that you can also export the trip (text) to Excel and edit it, but haven't tried it. 

Saturday, July 30, 2011 6:08 AM
  • Why can't I (don't have the ability to) overwrite day 1, day 2, day 3, etc. in directions with actual dates.

I'm shocked that the streets and trips team wouldn't want this common and VERY desirable feature...

Not having a calender function makes planning complex lengthy trips and following the plan very difficult!

Please add this feature!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:27 AM