Running OEM WHS looking fro media collector..... RRS feed

• Question

• Tell me there is a way of collecting & storing music etc on my new WHS, without me manually transferring it all. I know HP mediasmart WHS has the HP media collector, surely there must be a way of using this app on an OEM WHS install or a good 3rd party app addin that does the same... searched hi n low 4 one...

PS Anyway u can install the HP add ins onto an OEM copy of WHS?
    Monday, July 6, 2009 10:49 AM

Answers

• Tell me there is a way of collecting & storing music etc on my new WHS, without me manually transferring it all. I know HP mediasmart WHS has the HP media collector, surely there must be a way of using this app on an OEM WHS install or a good 3rd party app addin that does the same... searched hi n low 4 one...

None that I know of.  But all you have to do is one big copy-and-paste function per media type (Music, Videos, Photos).

No.
    Monday, July 6, 2009 1:10 PM
  • I use robocopy to sync my lcoal music library to my server occasionally (once a week, unless I'm ripping a lot of CDs). You could use SyncToy for the same purpose; it has a nice GUI. And there are any number of third party tools that also do the job.

But no, the HP add-ins aren't available for anything but an HP MediaSmart Server.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, July 6, 2009 2:34 PM

All replies

None that I know of.  But all you have to do is one big copy-and-paste function per media type (Music, Videos, Photos).

No.
    Monday, July 6, 2009 1:10 PM
  • I use robocopy to sync my lcoal music library to my server occasionally (once a week, unless I'm ripping a lot of CDs). You could use SyncToy for the same purpose; it has a nice GUI. And there are any number of third party tools that also do the job.

But no, the HP add-ins aren't available for anything but an HP MediaSmart Server.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, July 6, 2009 2:34 PM
  • Thanx guys, kinda sux u have to do it the long way.... cant believe we cant use the hp tools ot at least something similar.
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 1:53 PM