Remote Desktop to WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I just got an Acer Easystore home server that runs WHS and it doesn't have a connection for a monitor.  I'm trying to get to the desktop via remote desktop connection but when I try to enter a user name and password it gives me an error message saying:

"To log on to this remote computer, you must be granted the Allow log on through Terminal Services right..."

How do I grant myself rights to log on remotely if I have no way of accessing the desktop?

Friday, September 17, 2010 3:29 AM

All replies

• Hi everybody,

I just got an Acer Easystore home server that runs WHS and it doesn't have a connection for a monitor.  I'm trying to get to the desktop via remote desktop connection but when I try to enter a user name and password it gives me an error message saying:

"To log on to this remote computer, you must be granted the Allow log on through Terminal Services right..."

How do I grant myself rights to log on remotely if I have no way of accessing the desktop?

FYI, logging into the server desktop is unsupported.  Having said that, you need to logon as Administrator (using the server password).
    Friday, September 17, 2010 4:39 AM