HPC SOA Session Stuck in "Configuring" State RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    When I try to run a diagnostic on the CcpEchoSvc, I get a failure "Internal exception happen when deal with run: The user name or password is incorrect", even if I am an Administrator on the cluster. Also, when I try to CreateSession using C#, I get a job which gets stuck on "Configuring" and never comes back to code.
    Am I missing user privileges or something else (people from my Helpdesk seem to be able to run diagnostics without any failure) ?
    Thanks in advance
    Monday, November 9, 2015 3:08 PM

All replies

• Which version of HPC Pack are you using?

Can you run a simple batch job without problem?

Qiufang Shi

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 12:10 PM
  • We are using HPC Pack 2012 R2.

Yes I can run a simple Task (such as a "dir" on a directory of a node), but can't get a SOA Job to be done.

Would you have any idea ?

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 2:30 PM
  • Hi RAlex92,

Could you first check if you are already in the HPC Administrators group by opening the Cluster Manager GUI and click Configuration -> Users? Note that users added in local Administrators group on the head node would not be populated as the HPC Administrator across the cluster.

If your name is already listed in the Cluster Manager with the Administrator role, then please check if there is cached credential on the cluster which might be expired. You may use the HPC powershell cmdlet Remove-HpcSOACredential to remove the cached credential for SOA jobs. You may also use SessionStartInfo.Username and SessionStartInfo.Password to specify the credential when creating the SOA session and see if it can succeeds.

If all these don't work, please collect the SOA session logs under %CCP_DATA%LogFiles\SOA\HpcSession_*.bin on the head node and send to us via HPCPACK@microsoft.com, and we would help do further investigation.

BR,

Yutong Sun

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 7:00 AM
  • Hi Sun,

Thank you for your response.

I am already Administrator on the cluster. I tried  to generate logs but it doesn't seem to work... I see the created session in "Job Management" stuck on "Configuring" state, but no HpcSession_*.bin created in the folder.

Any other idea ?

Thursday, November 12, 2015 2:06 PM
  • Have you tried to use the HPC powershell cmdlet Remove-HpcSOACredential to remove any possible cached credential for SOA jobs? Or use SessionStartInfo.Username and SessionStartInfo.Password to specify the credential when creating the SOA session and see if it can succeeds?

Did you find the folder %CCP_DATA%LogFiles\SOA on the head node? The %CCP_DATA% usually points to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft HPC Pack 2012\Data\". HpcSession_*.bin files should be placed there.

BR,

Yutong Sun

Thursday, November 12, 2015 3:19 PM
  • Yes I tried both but it doesn't seem to work. I forgot to mention that sorry...

Yes I found the folder. There were several HpcSession files but as many users are on the grid, I thought it would be better taking the one which would have been modified/created today, as I am trying to create a session but the folder didn't change at all (no file modified/created).

Thursday, November 12, 2015 4:08 PM
  • The logs are aggregated in the *.bin files, it doesn't matter if the folder didn't change. Just try creating a SOA session to repro the issue, and right after that copy two HpcSession_*.bin files with the largest numbers but one. E.g. if there are HpcSession_000001~000007.bin, copy 000005.bin and 000006.bin to us. Please also let us know the head node name, the client machine name, the names of the broker nodes and the HPC admin account.

BR,

Yutong Sun

Friday, November 13, 2015 2:17 AM