none
The new web site sucks.

General discussion

• First off I have no idea what forum this message is going to be posted, shouldn't that be shown in the "Ask a Question" form?

JP Cowboy Coders Unite!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:20 PM

All replies

• Secondly, I don't want to have to click Quick Access each time I come to the web site.  If I pick it once then that state should be persisited.

JP Cowboy Coders Unite!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:26 PM
  • I agree, the default view when I go to the forums home page is of little use. It used to show the forums I was most recently active in, and for each of these forums, the most recent activity. Several clicks are required now, and even that doesn't show which forums have recent activity. I really need to check each individually.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:32 PM
  • There is an article going with proposed changes to the "upgrade" going here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/17968.new-forums-design-suggestions-impressions-ideas.aspx?PageIndex=1

If you see anything you agree with that has a voting thread, throw your opinion into the ring. If you don't see a thread going, you can start one up in the suggestions forum and add it to the article.

No idea if it'll ever actually help us, but it's at least something.

Don't retire TechNet!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:37 PM
  • Third, if I choose Quick Access how do I get back to the default "Forums" Section on the left side navigator?

JP Cowboy Coders Unite!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:47 PM
  • 4th... Why do we have to look at the bottom right of each post to find out who posted something.  That doesn't even follow 1970's style bussiness Typing 101 Styles.   The signature should always be on bottom left (Just like a letter)

JP Cowboy Coders Unite!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 1:44 PM
  • 4th... Why do we have to look at the bottom right of each post to find out who posted something.  That doesn't even follow 1970's style bussiness Typing 101 Styles.   The signature should always be on bottom left (Just like a letter)

JP Cowboy Coders Unite!

I still think the name/avatar need to be returned to the top of the post. The timestamp should also be at the top and actually visible. I've made these suggestions, we'll see if anything ever happens.

Don't retire TechNet!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 1:56 PM
  • I find when I read a reply it is best to go to the bottom first, to read the name and time. Then I go to the top of the reply to read it. Otherwise, the reply may not make much sense.

Also, I find I frequently assume the avatar at the top of a thread is the person that asked the question, only to find when I get to the bottom of the question that it is someone else. I don't seem to notice that the avatar changes to one of the answerers.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 4:28 PM
  • 5) Where is my forums threads?

JP Cowboy Coders Unite!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 5:46 PM
  • 5) Where is my forums threads?

JP Cowboy Coders Unite!

Missing in the new design. Thread here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1ff9748f-a4f7-49fd-a8d2-9719a466148c/restore-my-forums-threads-option

Don't retire TechNet!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 5:51 PM