Onecare RRS feed

• Question

•  

Someone please help me. I subscribed to Onecare over 18 months ago. I paid for a one year subscription in June of 2007 and renewed it in June of 2008, (once again paying for a year subscription) I was with Qwest at the time and changed to Comcast and was forced to pay for Onecare again in July of 2008. Hence I have paid for it twice this year, in June and July. Now it Onecare) wants me to renew again right now, August 2008. I can't seem to be able to get past Qwest to contact anyone at Microsoft with help with this matter. Onecare is in the "red" status now telling me my 90 day trail is about to expire. I don't think I shiuld have to keep going in circles to contact someone at Microsoft about this issue. A phone number to speak with a live person would be very helpful. I want to cintinue subscribing to OneCare.......but not every month. I hzave already paid for two years of Onecare. My live id with qwest doesn't work any longer and my new live id with comcast insists I don't have a paid subscription to Onecare. Thanks L Christine Benner
    Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:37 PM

Answers

• I have moved your post to the install and activate topic folder and out of Off Topic where you posted.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

The FAQ above will tell you how to contact support via email as a trial user for help with this subscription issue. If you have paid for OneCare and used your Qwest LiveID to renew, that is likely the reason for your problem, in that your Qwest subscription was canceled - even though that subscription was a paid one and not the "free" one that accompanied your Qwest service.

I'm thinking that you might want to call, though, so the unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link to this thread http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3807763&SiteID=2.

I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

-steve

Friday, August 29, 2008 3:45 PM