ICE Stitches OK but File Cant be viewed on enlargement RRS feed

• Question

• Thank you for a very neat program. I am trying to stitch flatbed scans ~4x11" from long fanfold maps with at least 1" of overlap at either end. The are in color jpeg scans done at 200 dpi. They stitch OK but cant be enlarged enough for viewing even before saving. The original files can be enlarged qute a bit with no image degrdation

My system is W XP. These are being done to preserve historical information and sharing.

Thank you for any thoughts, ideas or suggestions.

Saturday, May 12, 2012 3:37 AM

All replies

• What do you mean by "cant be enlarged enough for viewing even before saving" ? Do you only want to have a certain part of the panorama, or zoom in?
    In either case you should be able to export your stitched result at maximum resolution, best as tiff to avoid quality loss.

Sunday, May 13, 2012 5:58 PM
  • My problems may well come from my lack of knowldge with the program. Once the stitching is complete the stitched image in the viewer cant be enlarged for detailed viewing without it breaking up (pixilating is the term I think). I am saving as  TIFF and the saved file is the same.

Perhaps I am not saving or exporting correctly? I am a relative novice. How do I select the maximum resolution to export or save as? I want to save the entire panorama but have the need to zoom in on certain areas as needed to view in detail.

Again, thanks for any help and instruction anyone can provide.

Raildata

Sunday, May 13, 2012 7:07 PM
  • Thanks for the ideas. I have figured out the export pblem and that is now OK.

I do have another question. When creating a new structured panorama the imported files often dont align by the file numbers which are sequentially numbered. Is there a way to realign or reoder the files to get them back in order?

Thanks

Raildata

Sunday, May 13, 2012 8:33 PM
  • If ICE does not automatically order them you can change the alignment in the upper right corner. There you can choose in what direction you have taken them (by selecting the different squares) and how many rows, columns you have taken. Once you have entered the correct values in the order you have taken the images the preview will show the proper alignment.
    Monday, May 14, 2012 9:16 AM
  • Also see the discussion here: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ice/thread/d35a9897-3e0c-4f93-87e4-eac91565eab4 The order of files into ICE depends on the order that they were listed when you selected them.
    Monday, May 14, 2012 6:00 PM
  • Thank you every one for the help. I have things working now.

However there is one more new developement. In this case there is a slight curvature upward for about the the entire left half of a 200" image. How does one correct or prevent this??

Thank you again!!

Raildata

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 2:09 AM