none
Who monitors these forums RRS feed

• Question

• Are there any MS employees or Certified individuals monitoring any of these forums?  From a couple of answers I received to questions I submitted it's hard to believe the individuals can operate a computer and I am not sure they can read.

If there are no "professionals' monitoring these questions then they are of no use to me.  If I am submitting an issue it is one that needs extreamly experienced individuals to respond.  If I am in the wrong place can you please guide me to more professional support.

Thanks

Jimmy W. Simmons
    • Moved by Naomi NModerator Wednesday, January 4, 2012 10:58 PM More of a forum issue (From:Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums)
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 10:48 PM

Answers

• I would only add that the forums are open to anyone, so the quality of answers can certainly vary. Microsoft people monitor (and in some cases moderate) the forums and they are identified as Microsoft people. Some people are identified as Most Valuable Professionals (MVP), and they are so recognized for sharing expertise with users on using Microsoft technologies and products. Other people are identified as Microsoft Community Contributors (MCC), recognized specifically for helping peole in the forums. In both cases they will be very knowledgable in their area, but no one can be expert in all areas. People that have been active in a forum for awhile and demonstrated competence can be asked to moderate. Most forums have several moderators. However, that doesn't necessarily mean they will answer your question (but they often do).

Finally, the forums have a system of points and "achievements" that are designed to indicate their competence or reputation. When you hoover the mouse over a user name, you see the number of points they have, and the number of achievements they have earned. You can click on the name to view their profile. People earn points for answering questions (and other activities). They earn achievements when their contributions are recognized by the community.

All people in the forums are volunteers (except Microsoft employees). Depending on the question it make take a day or so for someone to answer. It's also possible that no one has an answer. Be sure to mark the reply or replies that you feel answered your question. If your question seems to be ignored, post here.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 11:42 PM

All replies

• Which particular forum do you mean? In most of these forums there are several MS employees as well as many MVPs, so many people have a good experience and can offer a professional advice. 
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 11:00 PM
  • Naomi,

Wow; what a quick reply; if you will look at my post in the last two days in Windows XP service Pack 3 (SP3) and Windows Server 2003 & 2008 general you can read the reply's for your self. 

Again, these individuals didn't appear to read the questions at all or I just don't know how to ask them.

Thanks again for your quick response.

Jim Simmons

Jimmy W. Simmons
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 11:10 PM
  • I checked one of your questions - hopefully you'll get a better answer in a few days.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 11:14 PM
  • I would only add that the forums are open to anyone, so the quality of answers can certainly vary. Microsoft people monitor (and in some cases moderate) the forums and they are identified as Microsoft people. Some people are identified as Most Valuable Professionals (MVP), and they are so recognized for sharing expertise with users on using Microsoft technologies and products. Other people are identified as Microsoft Community Contributors (MCC), recognized specifically for helping peole in the forums. In both cases they will be very knowledgable in their area, but no one can be expert in all areas. People that have been active in a forum for awhile and demonstrated competence can be asked to moderate. Most forums have several moderators. However, that doesn't necessarily mean they will answer your question (but they often do).

Finally, the forums have a system of points and "achievements" that are designed to indicate their competence or reputation. When you hoover the mouse over a user name, you see the number of points they have, and the number of achievements they have earned. You can click on the name to view their profile. People earn points for answering questions (and other activities). They earn achievements when their contributions are recognized by the community.

All people in the forums are volunteers (except Microsoft employees). Depending on the question it make take a day or so for someone to answer. It's also possible that no one has an answer. Be sure to mark the reply or replies that you feel answered your question. If your question seems to be ignored, post here.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 11:42 PM
  • Thanks Richard; you clairified a lot for me.
    Jimmy W. Simmons
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 11:55 PM