none
Can this thread be moved back to T-SQL forum? RRS feed

Answers

• I slightly updated the original message to explain the problem and provide another very good reference material. Since this thread is about 2 years old, I don't want to go overboard updating it. Still I'd rather see it back to the original forum after the change I made.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Alright. I still think it would be better to start over (since 7 replies are talking around where to find it rather than the topic itself).

But I went ahead and moved it. We'll see if it gets moved back.

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Monday, October 24, 2011 8:15 PM
    Owner

All replies

• http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Offtopic/thread/127aa808-308b-4718-8167-36fd32aaa03c/#a90db1bc-69ab-4d58-a6e8-a4080aae9611

I think the discussion I wanted to start was a good one.

My blog

But now it's full of replies linking to other discussions and a non-Microsoft Forum site. A better bet would be to try again and to paint a better picture of the issue and all the discussion questions in the very first post. You could also link to the existing Forum questions that were answered (that spawned the discussion), but you could summarize the discussion thus far. And then at the end you could mention that you tried this discussion before (link to it), but you decided you wanted to try again by including all the relevant information. You could then ask any Moderators to please email you first if they disagree about the discussion and want to move it to Off Topic.

Basically a long first post, but it would set the tone, make it clear what the discussion is, and it wouldn't have all the back and forth link discussions that are currently in that post. What do you think?

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Monday, October 24, 2011 6:30 PM
    Owner
  • I slightly updated the original message to explain the problem and provide another very good reference material. Since this thread is about 2 years old, I don't want to go overboard updating it. Still I'd rather see it back to the original forum after the change I made.

My blog

Monday, October 24, 2011 6:42 PM

My blog

Alright. I still think it would be better to start over (since 7 replies are talking around where to find it rather than the topic itself).

But I went ahead and moved it. We'll see if it gets moved back.

Monday, October 24, 2011 8:15 PM
    Owner