Exchange Connection Error RRS feed

  • Question

  • After moving my Mailbox to exchange 2007 Communicator 2007 gave this error "Exchange connection error" I am able to connect and send messages however i am not able to retrieve calendar information in order to update my presence.

    OCS 2007

    Exchange 2007 w/ SSL Cert for OWA (works fine)

    CAS (outlook anywhere Enabled)
    external host name (cas.domain.com)
    basic authentication checked

    I do see autodiscover under Default Web Site in IIS 7, SSL Settings are set NOT to require SSL and to ignore client certificate.

    Can someone guide me on getting this issue resolved.

    Thank you.

    Cesar Romero
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 7:23 PM

All replies

  • If you right click on the Outlook tray icon and select Test Autoconfiguration
    Autodiscover information must work in order to get the Exchange connection
    - Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 10:13 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I am not having any connection issues with outlook. My problem is that Office communicator will not update with my calendar.
    Cesar Romero
    Monday, March 23, 2009 5:59 PM
  • Is your email address the same as the sip address?
    Is your default email profile in outlook the same as the one you use to connect to Exchange that needs to update the calendar?
    - Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Monday, March 23, 2009 8:46 PM
  • My sip address is not the same as my email address.
    my current sip: user@domain.com
    my email address does not match my domain name.

    should i change my sip to my internal email address?

    Thanks for your help.
    Cesar Romero
    Monday, March 23, 2009 8:53 PM
  • Or you could use the communicator.adm file to configure this option

    DisableEmailComparisonCheck Disable email comparison check for Outlook PIM integration. To establish integration with Outlook 2007, Communicator 2007 compares the SMTP address received from the server with the current Outlook user profile. Use this policy to disable the e-mail address validation step.
    REG_DWORD 0 or not set = Communicator compares the user's e-mail address with the current Outlook profile (default).
    1 = E-mail address validation for Outlook integration is disabled. 

    download communicator.adm

    - Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Monday, March 23, 2009 9:57 PM
  • Yes, it is recommended to set your user's SMTP and SIP addresses to the same value mis-matched values can cause presense-related issues in Outlook and SharePoint.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:15 PM
  • okay, this is what i have done.

    I added DisableEmailComparisonCheck REG_DWORD = 1

    when i tried to change my sip: in AD i only have  the option for domain.com

    I am still getting the error in Communicator 2007 "Exchange connection Error"

    Everything was working fine until my mailbox was moved to Exchange 2007.

    What else should i look into.


    Cesar Romero
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:51 PM
  • I still think your problem is caused by misconfiguration of Autodiscover for Outlook/Exchange
    Check out this page @ Technet
    - Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:44 PM
  • Okay, so i tried all the autodiscover commands listed in this link http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb201695.aspx. Still same error.
    I tried changeing my sip to email address, when i do that i cannot not log into communicator. I am currently logging in as user@domain.com.
    Any other suggestions?

    Cesar Romero
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 1:26 PM
  • You must make sure that the _sipinternaltls record is available for your domain
    Also your OCS requires certificates with sip.domain.com in at least the SAN list
    - Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 10:37 PM
  • All that has been set up and I do I have a certificate. I am not having any problems with users that are still on exchange 2003. My Mailbox has been moved to Exchange 2007 and since then I have been having this issue. I believe the problem has to do with setting in Exchange 2007 I just don’t know where to look.

    Cesar Romero
    Monday, April 13, 2009 1:52 PM
  • Still autodiscover problems
    Try running this command to troubleshoot and look for errors

    - Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Monday, April 13, 2009 10:11 PM
  • Thanks Deli Pro-Exchange

    i ran the command and it appeard something is not correct with autodiscover this is what i got after running the command

    Test-OutlookWebServices -ClientAccessServer "CASServer01"

                            Id                       Type Message
                            --                       ---- -------
                          1003                Information About to test AutoDisc...
                          1007                Information Testing server CASServ...
                          1019                Information Found a valid AutoDisc...
                          1013                      Error When contacting https:...
                          1006                      Error The Autodiscover servi...
    Cesar Romero
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 2:05 PM