CRM Outlook Plug in toll error when attempting to send on behalf of another user. RRS feed

• Question

• Community,

Outlook 2010

Current CRM Plug In tool

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0

Email Router Enabled

We have a client currently using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. Two of their administrators are currently set with the system admin security role. Both users currently have a 'primary e-mail address' listed for them in their user records. Both are configured to use the e-mail router for outbound messages.

Each have configured their Outlook 2010 with the CRM integration tool, currently updated to roll up 12.

The issue is: While in Outlook either attempt to send on behalf of the other and receive the following error " Email cannot be sent because the specified sender does not have an Email address. Add an email address to the sender and then try again. Do you want to send the email? If you click yes the email will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft Dynamics CRM."

- This issue only happens in outlook when using the tool
- We have confirmed the users can send on behalf of each other within Outlook, with the proper permission,  and within CRM online.

- We have confirmed each user record contains the primary user's email address in the Primary address field.
    (Again, this issue appears to only be happening with the CRM / Outlook integration tool).

Thank you in advanced

Thursday, December 15, 2011 3:27 PM

All replies

• I have exactly the same problem with a client using CRM 2011. A user is set up to use the email router and definitely has an email address set as their primary email address in User Settings.  The error message only occurs when other users try send an email on their behalf using the Outlook plugin. It doesn't occur if they try to send the email on their behalf from the web client.  Did you ever find an answer to this ?

regards Alan Ward

Thursday, March 1, 2012 2:00 AM
  • Have You ever found a solution to the above mentioned problem?

I'm experiencing the same problem by a customer, who is running crm 4.0

Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:59 PM
  • Have You ever found a solution to the above mentioned problem?

I'm experiencing the same problem by a customer, who is running crm 4.0

I'm currently having this issue as well with CRM 4 plugin with Outlook 2013 32-bit as well - anyone find a solution for this?
    Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:02 PM