CRM 2011 STOP CHILD Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have 2 sets of workflow, 1 parent and 1 child. PARENT workflow will be triggered when NEW record is created and IF condition is Yes, and with timeout condition is met. CHILD workflow should ONLY be triggered when PARENT workflow is met. CHILD workflow first step is to create a task and follows with 4 nested conditions already and cannot add any condition coz of condition limitation.  I set the START WHEN of CHILD workflow when record is created but still CHILD workflow is run even if the PARENT workflow condition is not met. Please guide me on how to set the CHILD workflow not to run when PARENT workflow condition is NOT met. I already tried adding an IF NOT condition in PARENT workflow, then STOP workflow but still CHILD workflow is running. URGENT! Please help. Thank you very much. Have a nice day.
    Νεφέλαι / Nephelai σύννεφο (SEE-neh-foh) Computing
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:09 AM

Answers

• I'm going to assume that some "Trigger" is configured to execute the Child workflow apart from your specifications to execute it from within the Parent workflow.  Double-check that no other trigger conditions have been set.  To be clear, make sure no other boxes are ticked under the "Options for Automatic Processes" area.  Aside from that, ordinarily the resulting System Job log for each execution will display the execution "path" that a workflow made, with green check-mark icons at every stage that was successfully processed.  These can serve as a primitive way to debug their execution.  Make sure that the "path" meets the conditions and the desired execution pattern you intend to implement.
    Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com Please follow the forum guidelines when inquiring of the dedicated CRM community for assistance.
    • Marked as answer by GuideMeInCRM Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:50 AM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:26 AM

All replies

• I'm going to assume that some "Trigger" is configured to execute the Child workflow apart from your specifications to execute it from within the Parent workflow.  Double-check that no other trigger conditions have been set.  To be clear, make sure no other boxes are ticked under the "Options for Automatic Processes" area.  Aside from that, ordinarily the resulting System Job log for each execution will display the execution "path" that a workflow made, with green check-mark icons at every stage that was successfully processed.  These can serve as a primitive way to debug their execution.  Make sure that the "path" meets the conditions and the desired execution pattern you intend to implement.
    Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com Please follow the forum guidelines when inquiring of the dedicated CRM community for assistance.
    • Marked as answer by GuideMeInCRM Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:50 AM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:26 AM
  • It works fine now. I took another sets of second look and testing. I just the CHILD workflow to UNCHECK the START WHEN record is created. And my PARENT workflow is met then it works fine. Thanks a  lot for checking my question. Have a nice day.

Νεφέλαι / Nephelai σύννεφο (SEE-neh-foh) Computing
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:50 AM