Any examples or guidance on using Sync with Local Data Cache or plain SQL CE 3.5 .sdf in middle tier or Smart Client/Web Client Service Class? RRS feed

• Question

• I develop using the Web Client, Smart Client and Prism (WCSF, SCSF, etc.).

I want to intergrate sync services but the separation of concerns orienttion of the WCSF and SCSF frameworks tend toward passing entity classes to the Views and presenters rather than dragging and dropping to forms and creating direct references to the database.

Essentially this looks to me like inserting the separation-of-concern classes that are auto-generated in something like the WCSF into the Client Sync examples in Liam Cavanaugh's video.

I have not found much guidance for this type of a scenario yet. Typically this is how new developer technologies are introduced by Microsoft: with examples of how to drag and drop in the UI and connect to databases also connected in Visual Studio. The deeper integration examples come out later.

Nonetheless, I am hoping some guidance exists somewhere to get me into this track.

Any ideas where to start?

Thanks,

Kimball
    Kimball Johnson
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 3:25 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 2:48 AM

Answers

• I am sorry but I do not know of any documented guidance on how to integrate Sync Services into  Web Client, Smart Client and Prism.

Liam
    Program Manager, Data Replication and Synchronization - http://msdn.microsoft.com/sync/
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 4:24 PM