Send mail after specified number of month from the created date of opportunity by work flow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Send mail after specified number of month from the created date of opportunity by work flow.  I have created field to enter number month in reminder field.  For example I have created an opportunity on 01-01-2013.  and number of month in reminder field is 3, so system should send mail on 01-04-2013.  If number of month in reminder filed 5 so system should send mail on 01-06-2013.

Please help to find a solution by using work flow.

Regards,

Noushad

pnoushu@hotmail.com

• Edited by P Noushad Thursday, December 26, 2013 3:13 PM
    Thursday, December 26, 2013 3:12 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I believe you will have to develop a custom workflow action that adds specified number of months to date to use it after in a wait workflow.

Dynamics CRM MVP/ Technical Evangelist at SlickData LLC
    My blog

• Proposed as answer by Zafar.Khan Thursday, December 26, 2013 4:34 PM
    Thursday, December 26, 2013 3:18 PM
  • Hi,

Can you send  me any detailed sample code.

Thanks and Regards,

Noushad

pnoushu@hotmail.com

Sunday, December 29, 2013 2:49 PM
  • Download the latest version of the SDK from here.

The SDK has sample code that you can modify to incorporate your logic.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, December 30, 2013 6:46 AM
  • You can try another way also with out any custom workflow.

1. Create one date field and write javascript to update the workflow trigger date based on number of month.

2. Trigger workflow on change of the field and keep waiting workflow till the date field.

• Proposed as answer by SravaniRN459 Monday, December 30, 2013 11:50 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 8:42 AM