Customization of Dynamics CRM GUI RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed an application which is working perfect with dynamics CRM. It is opened by clicking a custom button on the dashboards ribbon. My application opens in a new window whenever the corresponding ribbon button is clicked.

Is there any method by using which I can open my application inside CRM instead of a new window?

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 1:05 PM

All replies

• You can embed HTML/JavaScript or Silverlight applications inside CRM as a web resource.

Web Resources for Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 1:11 PM
  • Thank you Lattimer, Thing is that I have to modify the UI of Dynamics CRM, so is it possible to modify the current UI or to make some additions to the default UI?
    Tuesday, September 17, 2013 1:18 PM
  • Outside of the basic hiding and showing fields/tabs and embedding web resources - actual modification of the UI either through changes to the source files themselves or by manipulating the DOM with JavaScript isn't supported/recommended. Those types of unsupported changes run the risk of being overwritten when a rollup gets applied and would most certainly break when upgrading versions. if you can stick to a supported method you would have a significantly better chance of seeing customizations carry through between updates and new versions. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 1:35 PM