My Computer was Violated RRS feed

• Question

• A little off topic but very strange to me...

I have automatic updates off becuse I like to know what is beeing "fixed" before I download and install something onto my machine,
    But here I am anyways with something that was put on with out any form of consent. 
    I get that MS is trying to cut back on there proffit loss with the massivie success of visa, and cutting down on priated copys of there merchindice would help with that.
    but what I don't get is how is installing something with out consent any differant then a virus? isnt't it illegal? Was my incednet a freak accedent and others with atuo updates off
    didn't have there comp blind gaged and probed?

As a side note, shortly after WGA was virused on to my comp I got the beloved bluescreen of death....

Thursday, April 2, 2009 8:34 AM

Answers

• Sintis,

This forum is here to address customers who are experiencing WGA problems. In turn I requested for you to provide us with your MGA Diagnostic results. Would you like for us to analyze what you are experiencing regarding problems surrounding WGA concerns? This is why I provided you with the proceedures for running the Tool. As far as your questions please visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine where you can learn about the details of the program. Please contact Microsoft Help and Support by visiting http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/cu_inventory?ws=mscorp . 

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, April 2, 2009 9:34 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 9:32 PM

All replies

• Sintis,

If you have a Windows Genuine Advantage concern please run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and provide us with the results. You will find the directions as how to run the tool located on our announcements section @ the top of the forum.

Thank you,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, April 2, 2009 5:35 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sintis Thursday, April 2, 2009 8:47 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 5:33 PM
  • Wow Stephen before in my life I had never had the opportunity to speak with some one who could so completely address all my concerns with a ctrl c + P before... if there was a way to applaud over the net I would! 

Sarcasm aside.
    What I want to know is, how with automatic updates off does MS have the right to add something to my system without consent.
    I see it like this, if I buy a car and drive it home.  Does the dealer have the right to come to my house and add a tracking chip to my
    car? No that's clearly a violation of private property.  I fail to see how this is any different, that is my concern.

Thursday, April 2, 2009 8:46 PM
  • Sintis,

This forum is here to address customers who are experiencing WGA problems. In turn I requested for you to provide us with your MGA Diagnostic results. Would you like for us to analyze what you are experiencing regarding problems surrounding WGA concerns? This is why I provided you with the proceedures for running the Tool. As far as your questions please visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine where you can learn about the details of the program. Please contact Microsoft Help and Support by visiting http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/cu_inventory?ws=mscorp . 

Stephen
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, April 2, 2009 9:34 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 9:32 PM