WHS 120 Day Evaluation Version RRS feed

• Question

• A client of mine has finally got around to having a home server.  I have installed the 120 evaluation version to show him the benefits.  Unfortunately, I cannot find where to obtain a evaluation key as the installed software is currently showing 29 days left.

Can someone let me know how to obtain a key from Microsoft to allow the full 120 days?
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 4:35 PM

Answers

• If you downloaded the evaluation software from Microsoft, you can obtain a key by registering on Connect. If you got the software from Microsoft on physical media, you received a product key (on a yellow sticker) with the software.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by Ken WarrenModerator Tuesday, February 17, 2009 5:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sirius B Tuesday, February 17, 2009 7:56 PM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 5:52 PM

All replies

• If you downloaded the evaluation software from Microsoft, you can obtain a key by registering on Connect. If you got the software from Microsoft on physical media, you received a product key (on a yellow sticker) with the software.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by Ken WarrenModerator Tuesday, February 17, 2009 5:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sirius B Tuesday, February 17, 2009 7:56 PM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 5:52 PM
  •  Thanks Ken, much appreciated.  Obtained it via Microsoft as a download. 
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 7:56 PM
  • I have gone to the "Connect" link mentioned in your reply, but I still don't know where to go from there! I have signed in via my Microsoft Live id but yet I have failed to see any mention of registering anything, anywhere!
    Friday, August 14, 2009 4:33 AM
  • I have gone to the "Connect" link mentioned in your reply, but I still don't know where to go from there! I have signed in via my Microsoft Live id but yet I have failed to see any mention of registering anything, anywhere!

Once you go to the WHS Connect site, you should see a link on the left side that says Product Keys.
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 3:45 AM