Windows Media Center Connector RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyon found a solution to overcoming the "network error" when attempting to install windows media center connector?  I was able to install the WHS connector just fine, so, this can't be a firewall / network issue.  For some reason or another, whenever I attempt to install the WMC vs the WHS connector, it just hangs on the password screen.  Any assistanc would be appreciated as this one has been very difficult to crack!

Friday, June 19, 2009 6:51 AM

All replies

• Has anyon found a solution to overcoming the "network error" when attempting to install windows media center connector?  I was able to install the WHS connector just fine, so, this can't be a firewall / network issue.  For some reason or another, whenever I attempt to install the WMC vs the WHS connector, it just hangs on the password screen.  Any assistanc would be appreciated as this one has been very difficult to crack!

What OS are you trying to install it on (including whether its 32-bit or 64-bit)?  Do you have another WMC PC you can try to install it on?  Did you try disabling the firewall on your client anyway?
    Friday, June 19, 2009 9:12 PM
  • Are you running a Windows 7 x64 build that is later than RC?

From what I can gather, no one has managed to install the Media Center connector on any build later than the "official" release.
    Monday, July 20, 2009 10:22 AM