Error while syncing a Merge Replication enabled Server DB using MS Sync Framework 2.1. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I'm syncing a central Server DB, which is already a Merge Replication enabled for a SQL CE Compact 3.5 offline client DB, using MS Sync Framework 2.1. 

But while uploading the changes from local client DB (here also client DB is SQL CE Compact 3.5 ) to the same Server DB using MS Sync Framework 2.1, I'm getting following exceptions during sync

"Failed to execute the command 'BulkUpdateCommand' for table 'XXX'; the transaction was rolled back."

"Updating columns with the rowguidcol property is not allowed.
    The transaction ended in the trigger. The batch has been aborted."

Is it not at all possible to sync to a DB, which is already Merge Replication enabled, using MS Sync Framework 2.1? Any workaround is there?

Can anyone confirm this ASAP?

Because we are at crucial stage of implementing sync using MS Sync Framework 2.1. Our requirement is that both scenarios should co-exist i.e., sync of a Server DB using SQL CE Compact 3.5 replication components(which we already have) and sync of the same server DB using MS Sync Framework 2.1 from a different client DB(which we are implementing) should work without any error.

Your valuable suggestions will greatly help us to decide on using MS Sync Framework 2.1 and also saves our time.

• Edited by snabhi Thursday, January 30, 2020 11:18 AM
    Thursday, January 30, 2020 11:12 AM