how to open my file!!! RRS feed

• Question

• hi , i have the newest version of money (the sunset ) at was working with my file and the computer shotdown, so i turn on again

when i try to open my file , it said that money needs to verify the information  because detected that you did not close the file before exiting.

then another frame said the email address or password in incorrect, and keep telling me that always , obviously my information  is correct .

i dont know what to do to open my file!!!

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 5:42 PM

All replies

• Under no circumstances should you attempt to reset the password at this point. If you already attempted that, check back.

Using Restore:

Copy your recent Money backup files (*.mbf) to a USB flash drive, in case the hard drive fails or you make some mistake.

Right-click your latest backup file on your hard drive, and choose Open. You can let the location default if you don't mind overwriting your problematic *.mny file. Otherwise you could Browse to your Documents folder and choose a new name. That would leave the problem file still there, in case you want to try repair on it.

If the restored file does not work, try opening your second-newest *.mbf file.

If that does not succeed in getting you going, check back for more information.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 6:30 PM