health indicator blinking blue and red RRS feed

• Question

• My WHS worked fine without any problems from last 2 years. It has 3nos of  1 TB drive and 1 500GB system drive.

But now all of sudden (no hardware changes) the system doesnt boot. Once i start the system, the health inidcator light starts blinking blue and the red light is constantly on.

The network and power lndicators are fine (which is blue).

Tried several reboots and using a paper clip, pressed the recessed Status/Recovery button on the front of the server. but the health indicator light pattern that i see isnt there in the table provided in the below link http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01213395&tmp_track_link=ot_recdoc/c01213380/en_us/c01213395/loc:1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3548165

Not sure what to do next, as all my data is in the server.

any suggestion/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vijay

Monday, June 7, 2010 12:12 AM

All replies

• Probably if you're having trouble with HP supplied documentation you should call HP.

That said, you may have a hardware issue on your server. Your files will be recoverable, and there's a FAQ in the FAQ section of the forum that will help you with that, but your server is probably out of warranty, so you may wind up replacing it.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, June 7, 2010 12:25 AM