Live Sync stopped working Jan 1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I run Live Sync on a home network of three XP computers (all SP3). All worked perfectly until Jan 1 - then each computer, one after the other, stopped logging in.

I don't think it is a system change that has caused the problem - I have tried rolling back one computer to a date prior to jan 1 using sysrestore and the problem was not resolved.

Any suggestions?

Monday, January 3, 2011 7:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• I think they have stopped the Live Sync.  It is same for me.  I have 4 computers (xp and win7) using the live sync. All of them stopped connecting from Jan1, 2011.

Monday, January 3, 2011 8:37 AM
  • OK, thanks for letting me know that the problem is not with me.

But I thought Live Sync was due to continue until March 31 for XP users?

Microsoft sure do their best to annoy their customers!

I'm going to have to move to Mac at my next upgrade, as I really like LiveSync and have not found anything to replace it with on XP machines. I looked at DropBox - but I don't want to store my stuff on their servers - I want local storage that syncs between machines.

Monday, January 3, 2011 10:55 AM
  •  

For discussion of the new Windows Live Mesh (formerly Sync), (as well as the released Live Sync version) go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, January 3, 2011 3:29 PM
  • I have live sync running on three xp   and one vista machine.  still all working normally, but I'm worried that they will quit.  Dropbox didnt do what I needed either - anyone know of an alternative?  IS it going to stop working?
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:16 AM
  • I have live sync running on three xp   and one vista machine.  still all working normally, but I'm worried that they will quit.  Dropbox didnt do what I needed either - anyone know of an alternative?  IS it going to stop working?

Live Sync and Live Mesh Beta will cease functioning at the end of March 2011.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 12:24 PM