OfficeJet 6310 All-In-One Scanning Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have been scanning pictures from OfficeJet 6310 to 2003 HP Business Desktop and 2004 HP Media Center Desktop with NO PROBLEM for a while until now. I purchased 2008 HP Notebook Laptop Computer. Installed Windows Live OneCare on all three computers.

I still can Print, Copy and Send Fax from OfficeJet 6310 using all three computers.

I can't SCAN at ALL.

Saturday, November 15, 2008 5:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• I have moved your post to the Firewall topic folder. You will probably need to add the scanning application to the firewall exception list and/or need to add a firewall rule to open the port used by the scanner. If you need help with this, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, November 17, 2008 5:38 PM
  • I don't understand what do you mean by add scanning application to the firewall exceprion list or add firewall rule to open the port? Do you have steps on how to do that?
    Monday, November 17, 2008 9:01 PM
  • Not specific for your device. In order for the multi-function printer to offer scanner services over the network, they have to have software or a driver to make that connection. This would typically also use a UDP port to make the connection. Knowing that port would allow you to add an exception to the advanced firewall settings under Ports and protocols.

Since I can't provide steps, your best bet is to contact OneCare support who may have already dealt with your specific device or HP support who will know how their printer deals with firewalls.

-steve

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 1:11 AM