Microsoft Money 2001 Standard RRS feed

• Question

• Just bought new computer with Windows 8.1 and reinstalled Microsoft Works Suite with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Money 2001 Standard.  I had been using both programs with Windows XP.   I cannot bring up Word - no error message.  Money will open BUT I cannot load the backup files from the external hard drive.  It asks for a password.  I have been using this Microsoft Money without a password ever since I can remember.  How do I get my backup files to load???

Thank you

Friday, May 2, 2014 8:55 PM

All replies

• One other possibility is that you upgraded Money to a newer version sometime in the distant past and have forgotten about that.  Trying to open a file made with a newer version sometimes results in Money giving the "incorrect password" error.  Do you maybe have a disk from a newer version of Money?

If you can still use Money on your old computer, open it and go to Help>About to see the version.  Money 2001 was version 9.

If that is the root cause, there are some options for regaining access.  Post back with what you find.

Bill Becker

Sunday, May 4, 2014 3:03 AM