none
Memory Dump/kbdhid.sys

Question

• Hi All,

Recently i have upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 pro all works successfully however we use Intel McAfee Products as a antivirus server , to block usb and cd rom we use "data lost prevention".but after installing DLP following issues happens.

Mouse and Keyboard Freeze
    Task bar hidden
    Cortana hide
    hang if system idles 5 mins

The above issue comes randomly not a every time so at a time of moment i just restart system manually / Hard boot.When i uninstall DLP 9.4 Windows works fine.Unable to find any logs/clue on event viewer.

I just raised an SR on McAfee they ask for "COMPLETE MEMORY DUMP" using "Forcing a System Crash from the Keyboard" so i just send DMP file.

and below is there response.

We have analyzed the Memory Dump and I could see following driver is causing the issue (refer attachments).

Dump Result:

"Probably caused by : kbdhid.sys ( kbdhid!KbdHidProcessCrashDump+1e0 )"

It appears the issue is with Windows driver, I would request you to open a support ticket with Microsoft and share the same Memory Dump with them, please get the root cause analysis from Microsoft. So that, we can start the investigation further.

but in my small knowledge "kbdhid.sys" appears in log file due to CRASH system from Keyboard.

kindly help and elaborate

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Monday, August 15, 2016 1:59 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Monday, August 15, 2016 5:23 AM

Answers

All replies