Uninstall PP1 Beta Connector RRS feed

• Question

• I had PP1 Beta which I uninstalled.  Now I cannot connect I assume becuase of a version mismatch.  Should I use my connector CD to downgrade or can I log in directly on the remote desktop and use Windows Update to Update the Server - or should updating only go through the WHS Console.

Thanks

Kevin
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 11:39 PM

Answers

• I had PP1 Beta which I uninstalled.  Now I cannot connect I assume becuase of a version mismatch.  Should I use my connector CD to downgrade or can I log in directly on the remote desktop and use Windows Update to Update the Server - or should updating only go through the WHS Console.

Thanks

Kevin

The supported method would be to uninstall the connector software on your client, then install the one in the Home Server Connector Software folder, then run the updates from there.  (Also, although logging into the server desktop is unsupported, you can run the Console from the server desktop and update from there as well.)
    Friday, April 17, 2009 12:02 AM

All replies

Thanks

Kevin

The supported method would be to uninstall the connector software on your client, then install the one in the Home Server Connector Software folder, then run the updates from there.  (Also, although logging into the server desktop is unsupported, you can run the Console from the server desktop and update from there as well.)
    Friday, April 17, 2009 12:02 AM
  • Will the one on the software folder work -  I think the problem is that the version on workstation is more recent.  When I try to connect it trys to download file from server but it can't.

Also how do you get console from the server using remote desktop?
    Friday, April 17, 2009 12:42 AM
  • Will the one on the software folder work -  I think the problem is that the version on workstation is more recent.

That's why I said to uninstall the current one first. :)

When I try to connect it trys to download file from server but it can't.

Exactly what error message are you getting?

Also how do you get console from the server using remote desktop?
    Open RDC, type in your server name, then, at the logon screen, put Administrator for the username and your server password for the password.  From there, double click on the icon on the server desktop that says Windows Home Server Console.
    Friday, April 17, 2009 12:55 AM