none
Record actual trip time RRS feed

• Question

• Using 2011 version and had a thought. Is it possible to plan a trip with S & T and then come back and record the actual departure and arrival times for the stops? I.E., override the plan with a record of the actual trip? Thanks.
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 7:20 PM

All replies

• If you activate the "Create GPS trail" feature in the GPS pane, a second-by-second history of your movement including time fixes will be created.  The data can be accessed by exporting the file after the trip is completed as a GPX file and then opening it in Excel or other spreadsheet application.  You will see many rows of data that was generated by the GPS.
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 3:45 PM
  • Thanks, Philip K1. I tape my trips and wind up a spreadsheet something like you describe sans the map on S & T. I don't use the S & T software or my laptop on the trip, though, so that's probably more work than I want to do. Know I could alter the plan route and stops to reflect actual, but just wondered if I could do likewise with the times. I tried it but it didn't it change an arrival time, just put a clock symbol and double asterick and the note "arrival earlier than specified 9:14 arrival time" under the original. Just thought it would be handy if I could override the plan times and create a record of the actual trip but it doesn't look easily amiable to that. Thanks again.
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 5:50 PM