Can't see video files when accessing WHS2011 remotely RRS feed

• Question

• I've gotten WHS2011 to work very well remotely.  I can access music files very reliably via a web browser or my windows phone.  I can access video, however, not all of my h.264 videos appear in the browser or phone.  Out of 50 videos - maybe 15 show up.  The videos play well when streamed to a browser but not always to my phone but that's really another issue.  My main gripe is that I can't "see" all the video files...  The video files were created using the same program (MCEBuddy) that converts wtv to h.264.  I've tried converting them to different sizes 320, 720 etc. but it doesn't seem to matter...

The files all play fine in zune or WMP and they are visible when viewing my video folder share remotely - just no in the video media section...

It's a weird one I know but hopefully someone out there has seen this!

Thanks

Friday, February 10, 2012 1:31 AM

All replies

• I tried to troubleshoot this last night.  Click here and there with no success.  Today the videos show up....  No clue, I know if it can't play them they will never show up.  But if created the same way I think they should.  I did plain wtv and right clicked convert to whatever.  dv-mrs  both versions show up today

Grey

Sunday, February 12, 2012 2:15 PM