LccMedia RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently purchased max registry cleaner and when run am getting a lot of errors with LccMedia in them and wondered what this meant
    Saturday, June 16, 2007 4:37 PM

Answers

• I think you can ignore this "error" - this is your local user registry and these keys are for LCC tracing. I suspect there is no slowing down of your system - more likely a hyperactive registry cleaner trying to make you feel good about buying it. :-)

HTH

Thomas
    Sunday, June 17, 2007 6:01 PM

All replies

•  Mark A Ashcroft wrote:
    I have recently purchased max registry cleaner and when run am getting a lot of errors with LccMedia in them and wondered what this meant

It's kind of hard to diagnose errors without a bit more information, such as what error messages are you actually getting, what is your configuration, etc. Also - it might be sensible to go back to the place you bought this sofware from and ask the reseller/vendor. I don't know the product so can't say for sure.

FWIW: the main place I see "LCCMEDIA" in the registry is in hkcu\software\microsoft\tracing. This sub-hive is used for setting tracing options - not sure why a registry cleaner is complaining.

Depending on the clearner and the options you have chosen, you may need to reinstall live meeting and/or communicator again. Or did you run this on the server??
    Sunday, June 17, 2007 12:23 PM
  • Hi, thanks for the reply. The registry cleaner i am using is also used to delete any entries that will slow my computer down, i.e temporary files and temporary internet files.  I am using windows live messenger as my service which I had to download.  re-ran my registry cleaner and it came up with DEEP SCAN--THREAT - high,  value - FileDirectory,  Files - HKEY_USERS\s-1-5-21-1123561945-790525478-725345543-1004\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\LccMedia .   There were 11 entries starting with this same file and then ending in each of the following....\Audiocodecs ....\Audio engine ....\ComAPI ....\common ....\Crossbar ....\Device ....\Engine ....\Quality controller .... \RawMedia ....\RTP ....\Video codecs. It also had a section called data and all 11 said .... %USERPROFILE%\Tracing\LccMedia.  Is all this just slowing my computer a bit or is it a real threat that may kill my computer and is it fixable.

Sunday, June 17, 2007 2:54 PM
  • I think you can ignore this "error" - this is your local user registry and these keys are for LCC tracing. I suspect there is no slowing down of your system - more likely a hyperactive registry cleaner trying to make you feel good about buying it. :-)

HTH

Thomas
    Sunday, June 17, 2007 6:01 PM
  • Thanks a lot man,  i was a bit worried as have had a lot of problems with this computer.  Many thanks.  :-))
    Sunday, June 17, 2007 10:17 PM