User with custom security role can't see custom chart on system dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• I want to preface this post by saying that I believe the pre-defined OTB roles have been edited; I don't have the original roles to compare with.

--

There's two business unit tiers in this organization; Parent and Children. The Parent can see everything and the Children can only their own stuff (and the stuff of non-existent sub-Children business units).

There's a custom system view on the Opportunity entity associated with a custom chart on a custom dashboard.

There's also a CEO at the Parent BU (global visibility) and a CEO at the Child BU (P:C visibility). I've compared their privileges on the things that make sense (mainly Opportunity, System Charts, and View) and their privileges are the same.

Is there something else I should check?

Monday, August 6, 2012 4:39 PM

Answers

• Never mind. The offending Opportunity view had an "Owner equals Current User" clause. The user didn't own any Opportunities so...
    • Marked as answer by M. Jaxon Monday, August 6, 2012 6:23 PM
    Monday, August 6, 2012 6:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For each business units you can create new security roles and create new users. So create on new security role on child business unit and set the privileges as Business Unit Level and check it.

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya. My Blog: http://inventcrm.wordpress.com/

Monday, August 6, 2012 4:48 PM
  • Never mind. The offending Opportunity view had an "Owner equals Current User" clause. The user didn't own any Opportunities so...
    • Marked as answer by M. Jaxon Monday, August 6, 2012 6:23 PM
    Monday, August 6, 2012 6:23 PM