Question on reinstalling Windows Live One Care RRS feed

• Question

• I have a copy of Windows Live One care installed on my desktop computer (Vista Ultimate) that is good until 7/20/2010.

However, I am going to do a reformat of my hard drive and was wondering if I will be able to reload my copy of live one care and resume using the existing subscription? Or will I have to activate or buy a new subscription? If the answer to the first question is yes, then do I need to deauthorize or transfer my subscription beofre reinstalling?

Additionally, I only used 2 of the three licenses that came with the copy (desktop and laptop), so there is still one left I have not used.
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 5:20 AM

Answers

• You can reinstall One Care on the same computer as many times as is necessary.To reinstall One Care use the "add another computer" link on the One Care homepage - http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/default.htm To activate One Care, select "Subscribe" and enter the Live ID and password associated with your subscription when asked for a Live ID.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 2:21 PM